Friday, August 1, 2014

Arbroath

Arbroath is a town in Scotland. It is located at North Sea coastal line and has a beautiful harbor. So it is also a good place to visit because I am doing some research and want to know more about the fishing industry in United Kingdom.

It is very close to Dundee, the distance is just 15 minutes of train. After leaving the train station, you will find the instructing sigh pointing out the direction to the harbor and tourist center. But if you don’t, just walking down the hill and the smell of sea will lead you there. On the way to the harbor, you will see a few houses selling smokies, and you know you are on the right track.

The harbor is pretty, with many fishing boats there. There is also a huge seafood restaurant right beside the tourist center. The coolest thing is you can have a real sea tour there! For an adult, you need to pay 25 pounds for an hour tour. It should be fun! I didn’t go to the tour because I didn’t have that much of cash with me. But I went to a bar restaurant and had their famous Arbroath smokie there. It is a popular local dish and the fish is fresh and tasty. You could have either chips or potato on the side with salad, and it only costs you about 10 pounds. I think it definitely worth a try.

Another popular attraction there is the cliff. But I wasn’t able to make it. I went to the pound instead. It is so beautiful and they have many ducks and swans there. It is a nice place for a short walk and you can enjoy the sunshine there.


This place didn’t help me learn a lot on the fishing industry history. However, it is still quite good to visit a local fishing town and to get to know how there looks like. I strongly recommend people going there for a perfect afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment