Friday, August 1, 2014

Return and Reflection

Now that I have been back in the United States for a few days I feel I have had proper time to reflect on my return home, and my time in Scotland. My Final day in the UK has a hectic one, I traveled by train to London, navigated from Kings Cross to my hostel via the underground, visited as many of the tourist sites around London as I could, and made my way to Heathrow airport by train to catch an 11:00 AM flight to O'Hare. When listed all at once it seems crazy, but in the moment i did not feel rushed or stressed, the train and underground made my travels to London and around the city smooth and effortless. Once I was in the city I was thrilled to have the opportunity to see many of the sights I've been wanting to see for a long time. 

First we visited Abbey Road, crossed one of the most famous crosswalks in the world, and stand in the footsteps of The Beatles!
Me crossing Abbey Road
 Next we went to the center of London and got a look at Big Ben, the Thames river, Parliament, and the London Eye.
Big Ben
   
London Eye and the Thames

View down the Thames
After slowing down to take a look around London the Next 24 hours were a blur. The next thing I knew I was puling into my driveway after a 6 hour drive from O'Hare international airport. After a good night sleep i had some time to reflect on my trip as a whole and what i noticed coming back into the US. I had never been  totally immersed in a different culture like I was during this trip, It brought about a different perspective and got me to think outside of Purdue, Indiana, Ohio, and the US. If nothing else I got to discuss and learn about a different set of social, economic, and political problems. I also learned about how non engineering groups study engineering projects, which I feel is one of the coolest and most useful experiences i will take from my time in Scotland.



No comments:

Post a Comment