Friday, July 18, 2014

The beginning of the end has now made its relevance to the trip I will never forget. As I stand beside those I am grateful to have shared such an adventure with I am taking in every bit of the last few days available for my advantage. While I am sad that the trip is coming to an end, there is still plenty to be done in the next two weeks that I am incredibly excited for.

                This Saturday might be the highlight of my trip being that it consists of one of my absolute favorite things to do: Music festivals in the summer! T in the Park is a Scottish music festival holding tradition since 1994. With music artists such as Calvin Harris, Artic Monkeys, Paolo Nutini and Ellie Goulding, T in the Park attracts over 85,000 people per day in the three days that its held. Since I haven’t attended the even yet, though, I won’t ruin the details with what I know before the experience and will simply promise to report the “epic-ness” for next week’s blog.

       This week included an 8 mile walk in total to and from the Falkirk wheel and the Kelpies. Games were played along the long walk as well as a much needed break under the shade of the Kelpies head. At first, it took me a minute to find the purpose in the Kelpies themselves and why they were so far out for people to have to either ride or walk to since they seemed so simple. Once I sat and people-watched for a few minutes, I questioned the relationship of this to something in the U.S. and found that it has a connection to the purpose of The Bean in downtown Chicago. Tourists from all around the world visit Chicago and manage to get pictures in front of the bean that sits in the middle of Millennium Park. After taking in the sun and breeze, it was time to carry on from the long day and move to getting ready for the day to come.
                I think the most that I got out of this week was my appreciation for the opportunity of the trip itself, especially finding that the group I’ve traveled with is one in a million. We have helped each other out through the tough times as well as the great. We have shared laughs, new games and bus rides with each other every single day. We walk together and travel together. We cook together and sing together to the sounds of whatever happens to play on the laptop in the kitchen. We use sarcasm as a way of bonding and manage to stick together when the time is needed. It is more than I expected and I can't wait for the remainder of the trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment